Skip to main content

COVID Lockdown - Positive Reflection

Who would have dreamt that Contagion movie would become a real-life incident? Who would have thought that 2019 to 2021 would become a notorious year in the future history? Looks like goddess Ashwini has said Asthu when the Contagion movie was shot and it has become a true incident, unfortunately :(

When the news initially started spreading in Feb-20, I really thought it is quite an exaggerated one and the media is spreading the news to seek attention. Thought, COVID is just like any other influenza. Oh God!, I am completely wrong. I take back all my irresponsible opinions. Pandemic started hitting badly, crisis came in all angles, all started looking very dramatic, virtual etc in the following months. We all started praying deeply for the protection of all lives and eradicate this demon COVID-19 and this is continuing well after a year..

Due to COVID-19, many of us have lost  a few dear ones. My uncle battled for a month with COVID complications but succumbed to death. I dare to recollect the memories of that agonising weak. My heart still shrinks when I think about my aunt and their family who have not yet recovered from the loss of their happy man. Over this year, we all have had cancelled holidays, parties, meet-ups and many other planned activities which may look disappointing. But do we worry and moan for these when our dear ones are in trouble? All these months we have been praying and taking measures to battle and win against this barbaric COVID. I am sure days are very close to defeating COVID completely.

Having said all these, I am looking at the positive side of this disastrous year. Recently, I have started moderating myself to apply positivity in everything as much as possible. I wasn't an optimistic person earlier but climbing the steep ladder to become an optimistic woman and trying to pull the thoughts with a strong rope whenever my mind hangs with negativity thoughts. Believe me, it is worth the effort.

Alright, coming to the point of this blog. Though this year has been quite a stressful year, it has brought positive reflections in many ways within me, within my family:
1. Work: Having been shifted to work from home in the past year is an added advantage to my professional life. Having been turned down from 3 QA to 1 QA person in my team just before the COVID and added hiring freeze put extreme pressure on the time-line. But, work from home made me put in extra work time and made an unimaginable release possible within the time-line agreed with 3 QA people but with 1 QA person. I am truly happy with this progress. I am sure my team, our business unit recognize that effort which makes me work even harder..
2. Fitness and Yoga: I never imagined 10K jog in my life. But in this lock-down year, with continuous moderate effort, I am happy to say I can jog/brisk walk for 10K. I will not let out the time I take though. I also want to happily beam that I pulled my entire family to this. Our twin boys can jog 5K and my husband can do 15K jog too with good speed. I used to do forced yoga (!) when I was in school. But never got to the habit of it out of my interest. Started many times as a routine, but left as many times as I started. But this past year, I am trying to focus on yoga at least 10mins a day for 4 days a week. There are many weeks I went without any practice. But, that is due to other commitments and partially due to laziness too.
3. Web series and Movies: I had never been a movie or TV person all my years until last year. But with this lockdown I have watched many movies, series, documentaries along with my husband  which is quite unusual to my style. I'll keep a separate blog on this later some day
4. Charity Fund-raising: I am thankful to what I have in my life and whole heartedly bow with gratitude, would love to do at least 0.0001% of my contribution with work or anything. In this pandemic year, we can't thank the NHS enough for all the work they did sacrificing their life, family for the members of other families. That's the pure love they had for their job. In salutation to that and for the good job they are doing, also as a tribute to our kids' care in the special care unit they were born, our boys did 100miles walking/running charity in their 8th birthday month sacrificing all the toys for their birthday and asking people to contribute for the NHS. They raised whooping £1800.  Thanks to their little body and mind. Hope they continue such work throughout their life
5. Saving: I am sure many people have lost their jobs in this pandemic situation making their life more stressful. My thoughts are with such good people. Hopefully, they all find better jobs and settle happily. From a financial savings perspective, I have saved more money than pre-pandemic purely by considering my travel expenses where I used to spend £400 per month.


With all these positive reflections from the lock-down year, I hope we all defeat demon COVID-19 with our responsibilities and we get back to pre-pandemic days..

STAY SAFE, FOLLOW THE RULES..

Comments