Skip to main content

Piers Morgan - As I see

 I don't know much about Piers Morgan, never ever watched GMB and I don't think we'll see him ever again in GMB. I saw him first in The apprentice - Lord Sugar's programme as an interviewer for the final set of candidates. The way he scrutinizes the candidates with his detective mind, was a flabbergast moment for me and my jaw dropped several times. But then I did some research about him and it was mostly negative, depicting him as a controversial figure. I ended my opinion with the majority then.

In December 2020, I was searching for the best books to read and here came - Wake Up by Piers Morgan at the top, bashing great stars. Without a second thought, I bought his book and started reading. I am not a voracious reader and take at least a month to finish a book when I am not travelling to work. So, whole of January I dedicated myself to reading this book. And my genuine opinion now is he is not as bad as I thought. The book talked a lot on wokies, freedom of speech, racism, discrimination, the way the government handled COVID etc. I really liked when he kind of started criticising the government in his Good Morning Britain show on waiving off NHS nurses' parking fees in the hospital when they are really sacrificing themselves and working hard in this pandemic situation. Government did so at the end and I am sure all Nurses are very thankful to him. Piers Morgan has a great share of success in Captain Tom Moore's NHS fundraiser. He campaigned on Captain Tom Moore's initiation in GMB show which surely helped to reach a record breaking fundraise. I am sure we need a programme or host like this to support a good cause.   

Crazily, Piers Morgan writes a lot on Megan Markle which I seriously felt was very personal to him and shouldn't have gone into this book. There ends my opinion on this topic.

Certainly, Piers Morgan is too outspoken and fights for freedom of speech. But shouldn't it have a limit? Everything has a limit. Public figures should always act within the limit, and need to know how to control the anger. When a man negatively spoke about Tom Moore, Piers Morgan condemned it which we all definitely agree. But why is he acting so abnormally in Megan Markle's case?, shouldn't public condemn his outrageous public comments as he did for Tom Moore? I don't know whether Megan is right or wrong in telling out in Oprah's interview but Piers Morgan's freedom of speech should have limited to few comments without any exaggeration or failing to control himself. It takes years to build an image publicly but will take a second for the same public to break that image. I am now really thinking where should I keep Piers Morgan in my respecting machine, a good side, a bad side or neutral !!

Comments